Thought I would try something different and help you all get to know me/ my makeup style a little better…
30 Beauty Questions Tag
1) Do you remember your first makeup item?
I don’t, but if I had to guess, I’d say lip gloss (probably with lots of glitter).
2) Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
I’m always on the hunt for the perfect mascara. My favorite mascaras are very volumizing but do not clump throughout the day. Urban Decay Perversion is one of my all-time favorites.
3) What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
Typically I go for medium coverage… Sometimes full coverage depending on my rosacea at the time.
4) Favorite high end brand?
It’s hard to pick just one because I love several high end brands for different reasons. Lately I’ve really been loving Makeup Forever though.
5) What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
I don’t have a ton of MAC products… Or Laura Mercier.
6) Favorite drugstore brand?
I love NYX and Maybelline.
7) Do you wear fake eyelashes?
No, I’ve only worn them once. But I will be wearing them on my wedding day next month!
8) Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
I rarely leave the house without any eyeliner on.
9) What is your most cherished beauty product?
I love my Urban Decay Naked palette- it’s really what got me into makeup.
10) How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
More than I should! I rarely do large hauls, I like to pick up a few things here and there. It gives me a chance to really try the products out and determine if I love them or not.
11) Do you have a “beauty budget” or you spend freely?
I definitely am on a budget! Especially with a wedding coming up in the next month. I plan far in advance if I know there is something I plan on purchasing that is costly.
12) Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Absolutely. Ulta always has a coupon/promo running. Drugstore brands are on sale frequently too—a lot of the times you can find “buy one, get one” deals, and I’m all about those!
13) What type of product do you buy the most of?
I own lots of eyeshadow and lip products.
14) Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand?
Not really. I definitely have my favorites though (Makeup Forever, Too Faced, Urban Decay, NYX, etc.)
15) Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
I do not, but I think it may be a good idea to start…
16) Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
I love Sephora. Ulta is also one of my favorites since they have the option of high end and drugstore products all in one location (plus coupons!).
17) Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I love trying new skincare products! I think it’s important to try new products, especially because your skin can change, so changing products can be helpful!
18) Favorite bath and body brand?
I own a TON of Bath & Body Works products, but lately I haven’t been into their products as much.
19) If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
20) What brand do you think has the best packaging?
Have to go with Urban Decay again, but also Becca too.
21) Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Selena Gomez and Scarlett Johansson.
22) Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
Just a few Facebook groups.
23) 5 Favorite Beauty Gurus
Jaclyn Hill, Kathleen Lights, Stephanie Ledda (SMLxO), Carli Bybel, and Casey Holmes.
24) Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
Nope, I prefer a product to be used for only one thing.
25) Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
No, I really try to take my time to create a perfect look. Very rarely does my makeup turn out perfectly, but I wouldn’t consider myself clumsy.
26) Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Almost always. I like the primer by Mica or Urban Decay.
27) How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Not a ton in addition to shampoo and conditioner. I do love to use It’s a 10 Leave-In Conditioner with Keratin in the summer for those hot/humid days.
28) What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Foundation, and then concealer.
29) Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Not really, there are so many makeup tutorials that can be found online!
30) What do you love about makeup?
I love that makeup allows you to change up your looks. You can go bold, or keep it more natural—whatever you’re feeling that day! It truly brings out my confidence (not that I’m not confident when not wearing makeup), but it gives me an extra confidence boost which is nice. Makeup really is just a fun way to express yourself!!
I hope this post helps you get to know me a little better. It was definitely fun to try something new! Please feel free to ask me any questions that I may not have answered.
Thank you for reading!